Scrap Metals Laws in Florida Interpreted:
Every state in the US has its law, so it might be a bit complicated. However, Florida is considered to have basic laws that are fair rather than other states.
We are going to summarize them below:
- The scrap metals must be available on the website for viewing by the public at no charge.
- The records of the sale, purchase, consignment, or trade of scrap metals must be maintained for at least 2 years.
- If the scrap metal has a serial number, it must be listed along with the item on the website.
- The scap copper or metal listed on the website must be searchable based upon the state or zip code.
- Scrap yards must provide the appropriate law enforcement official with the name under which it conducts business on the website.
- Scrap yards must allow the appropriate law enforcement official to inspect its business premises at any time during normal business hours.
- Payment by the business resulting from such a sale, purchase, consignment, or trade must be made to the person or entity with whom the business contracted to offer the goods and must be made by check or via a money services business.
- At least 48 hours after the sale of scrap metals, scrap yards must verify that any item having a serial number is not stolen property by entering the serial number of the item into the Department of Law Enforcement’s stolen article database located at the Florida Crime Information Center’s public access system website. The scrap yard shall record the date and time of such verification on the contract covering the goods. If such verification reveals that an item is stolen property, the scrap yard shall immediately remove the item from any website on which it is being offered.
- Scrap yards must provide the appropriate law enforcement official with an electronic copy of the name, address, phone number, driver license number, and issuing state of the person with whom the business contracted to offer the goods, as well as an accurate description of the goods, including make, model, serial number, and any other unique identifying marks, numbers, names, or letters.
See the full details of law and statuses for second hand dealers and scrap metal recyclers on the Florida State Senate’s website here: https://www.flsenate.gov/Laws/Statutes/2012/Chapter538/All
Cities in Florida that have the best scrap metal yards:
Jacksonville is the largest city in Florida with a 1.5M population. These are the best scrap yards in Jacksonville: Quick Stop Recycling, CMC Recycling, and Berman Bros Inc.
Miami is the second-largest city in Florida, which is popular for its wonderful skyline and beaches, these are the best scrap yards in Miami: Bahia Honda Scrap Metal, USA scrap Metal and Recycling, and All Florida Scrap Metal Inc. These are the best options with greater prices and good customer service.
Tampa has considered one of Florida’s most popular cities it offers a great environment for scrap metal yards and that can be found in Hillsborough County. These are the best scrap metal yards in Tampa: Trademark Metals Recycling Facility, Edge Metals Recycling, Worldwide Scrap Metals, and Fedca Scrap Recycling.
Tallahassee is the state capital of Florida. These are their best scrap metal yards in Tallahassee: Junk King Tallahassee, Leon Iron & Metals Inc, and Ace Salvage Inc.
Video: 10 Best Places to Find Scrap Copper
Scrap Copper Prices in Florida
Scrap Aluminium Prices in Florida
Scrap Brass Prices in Florida
Scrap Battery Prices in Florida
Scrap Catalytic Converters Prices in Florida
Scrap Iron Prices in Florida
Scrap Lead Prices in Florida
Scrap Steel Prices in Florida
Cities We Cover
Port St. Lucie
West Palm Beach
Palm Beach Gardens