The industry of scrap metal includes metal processes from customer castoffs and industrial operations. Solo entrepreneurs and businesses take advantage of the popularity of selling scrap metals within the area of New Jersey. If you are planning to build your own business, knowing the necessary information is the first step.
Cities within New Jersey with the best scrap metal yards
Newark: H & C Metals Inc. and Sims Metal Management
Jersey: Ray's Auto Wreckers
Rockaway: Rockaway Recycling
Manalapan: Auriemma Scrap Metal
Laws of selling scrap metal in New Jersey
Before taking steps to sell scrap metals in your chosen New Jersey area, make sure to be strictly abide by the following rules and regulations to avoid future issues.
- ID Information: Sellers must be able to present a valid copy of their state ID card or driver's license as proof.
- Material Description: Scrap yards are required to keep a record of the material description purchased.
- Signature: Sellers should sign a statement indicating they have not been convicted of metal theft as well as a statement indicating they are authorized or the owner of the metal.
- Tag and Hold: When notified by police, there is a five-day tag and hold policy.
How to Sell Scrap Metal
Selling scrap metal in New Jersey can help you earn great money. Thus, it's not surprising to know that people are very much willing to cash in.
- Gather scrap metal from your car or home. However, a license might be required if you are going to collect metal from others.
- As they say, do not trust anyone, and that's also very important when it comes to business. Don't just sell scrap metals to anyone. Make sure the person or the dealer has a license to show you.
- Accepting or paying cash for your scrap metal is illegal. It can be either through electronic payments or cheque.
- Go to a reliable local scrap merchant to sell all those scrap metals you have. Just make sure the scrap merchant possesses the right license for the services they offer.
Scrap Copper Prices in New Jersey
Scrap Aluminium Prices in New Jersey
Scrap Brass Prices in New Jersey
Scrap Battery Prices in New Jersey
Scrap Catalytic Converter Prices in New Jersey
Scrap Iron Prices in New Jersey
Scrap Lead Prices in New Jersey
Scrap Steel Prices in New Jersey
Cities We Cover
West New York
City of Orange