Factors Affecting Scrap Metal Prices Per Pound in Arizona
Purity and condition of the metal
A number of factors determine the price of scrap metal, but the purity and condition of the metal are two of the most important.
The higher the purity of the metal, the higher the price will be. It takes more work to separate the pure metal from the impurities, so the buyer is paying for the extra labor.
The condition of the metal also affects its price. If the metal is corroded or rusted, it will be worth less than if it is in relatively good condition. This is because it will take more time and effort to clean and process the metal.
Weight of the metal
The weight of a scrap metal affects its price because the heavier it is, the more valuable it is assumed to be. Heavier metals also yield a higher price per pound. For this reason, a scrap metal dealer will pay more for a pound of scrap copper than they will for a pound of aluminium.
Laws Guiding The Sale of Scrap Metal in Arizona
- Items that are being sold must be photographed and recorded by the junkyard.
- The fingerprint of the seller's right index finger will be taken.
- The shop will be paying the seller through non-transferable checks that will be mailed to the address of the customer.
- Scrap yards will be contacting Public safety within 24 hours whenever a sale is made, and the yard will be uploading the proof of transaction (receipt) electronically.
List of Top Scrapyards in Arizona:
- We Buy Scrap - Phoenix, Arizona
- Hendrix Salvage Company Inc. - Phoenix, Arizona
- I Buy Scrap Metal Recycling Tempe - Tempe, Arizona
- Who Gives a Scrap Metal Recycling - Tempe, Arizona
- Lockhaven Auto Recycling - Casa Grande, Arizona
- E-Z Money Recycling LLC - Phoenix, Arizona
- Amcep Metals - Tucson, Arizona
Scrap Copper Prices in Arizona
Scrap Aluminium Prices in Arizona
Scrap Brass Prices in Arizona
Scrap Battery Prices in Arizona
Scrap Catalytic Converter Prices in Arizona
Scrap Iron Prices in Arizona
Scrap Lead Prices in Arizona
Scrap Steel Prices in Arizona
Cities We Cover