Metals are a valuable resource that can be found in many places throughout the world. If you are interested in scrapping these metals and selling them to junkyards, check out our list of the most commonly scrap metal prices per pound in Missouri.
1. Aluminum: Aluminum is one of the most commonly scrapped metals due to its value and abundance. This metal can be found in many places, such as soda cans, aluminum siding, and gutters. The average price for aluminum is $0.30 per pound.
2. Copper: Copper is another valuable metal that is often scrapped due to its high value. This metal can be found in electrical wiring, plumbing pipes, and old radiators. The average price for copper is $2.00 per pound.
3. Steel: Another commonly scrapped metal is steel, which can be found in appliances, cars, and construction materials. The average price for steel is about $0.05 per pound.
4. Brass: Brass is another commonly scrapped metal that can be found in old doorknobs, plumbing fixtures, and brass instruments. The average price for brass is about $1.00 per pound.
5. Zinc: Zinc is a valuable metal that can be found in cars, batteries, and other scrap metal items. The average price for zinc is about $0.60 per pound.
6. Gold: Gold is one of the most valuable metals, especially during times of economic instability or crisis. This metal can be found in jewelry and old electronics. The average price for gold is about $50.00 per ounce.
7. Platinum: Another valuable metal that can be found in jewelry and old electronics is platinum. The average price for platinum is about $80.00 per ounce.
8. Silver: Silver is another valuable metal that can be found in coins, jewelry, and other scrap metal items. The average price for silver is about $20.00 per ounce.
9. Titanium: Titanium is another valuable metal that can be found in certain cars and other scrap metal items. The average price for titanium is about $8.00 per pound.
10. Lead: Lead is a less commonly scrapped metal, but it can still be found in old batteries, pipes, and other scrap metal items. The average price for lead is about $0.50 per pound.
Laws Guiding The Sale of Scrap Metals in Missouri
We have studied the laws and regulations on buying and selling scrap metal in Missouri and summarized everything that you must know before going to the scrap yard. Firstly, be aware that a detailed record of the transaction will be kept for at least three years after the date of the transaction. This record must include a copy of your driving license so do not forget to bring one. Seem obvious but so many people get turned away because they have forgotten their license. The record will also contain video surveillance of the transaction including the material and you. To help law enforcement combat the selling of scrap metal there is a two-week tag and hold that they can enforce while conducting an investigation.
Finally, any sale over $500 must be paid via check or by using a system for automated cash or electronic payment distribution. The precise regulations are detailed on the Justia.com website which has the exact phrasing of these laws.
Scrap Copper Prices in Missouri
Scrap Aluminium Prices in Missouri
Scrap Brass Prices in Missouri
Scrap Battery Prices in Missouri
Scrap Catalytic Converter Prices in Missouri
Scrap Iron Prices in Missouri
Scrap Lead Prices in Missouri
Scrap Steel Prices in Missouri
Cities We Cover